Why Economy should resume now?


Just scribbling down the newspaper, I came across a page that was telling how much days were gone since the lockdown was initiated. I was surprised with that. It’s not like I did not know this thing but it felt like the virus is spreading but being at home I didn’t feel like it. I felt this much days are gone since the lockdown initiation and I am sitting at my home with no work whatever I had planned before it at the start of my business in March.

I was laid out of my job in February and since them I was founding ways to become self employed. But as people say, to make something of your own, you will face difficulties like nothing. I was sitting on my carpet on floor. And in seconds I gulped down the reality that was in front of me. It’s easy to do this but hard to accept that you have no work but you cannot do anything for it.

Blaming self for not taking up a new job was not an option because this was my choice to do so. I accepted this reality to work with no ambiguity. But today many incidents happened that made me felt that now it’s high time, Government should take some measure to do resume it as soon as possible. I didn’t pray this thing for myself because I am also afraid of being diagnosed as positive. We all are doing the same thing as “We need to be alive at first to see the world”.

But taking some actions to start the whole thing is much needed. As I realized that only milk, groceries & pharmacies are not the only essentials that relieved us when lockdown was started.

Today after reading the newspaper, I had a cup o tea and went to wash my hands at the wash basin after that. And suddenly when I twisted the tap head to let the water come, its handle got broken down. I just informed my mother for the same that the handle of the tap was broken if she was going to use it. It came in my head to shop a new tap to replace it. I was having all the other instruments that were necessary for repairing it.




But in a matter of seconds, I realised that the shops are closed because of lockdown what if the tap got broken as whole? And the next second I remembered that this taps are having a life of just 6 months. In every six to seven months they are broken because of the amount of salt in the municipality water. I wondered that the plumbing hardware shops aren’t essential? Isn’t it a thing of trouble? Where should a person find repair to it in lockdown? There can be some ways to do it, that I don’t know about but with frugal inventions to not use the particular tap to not get into trouble will help how much days?

I and my mom figured out a way to not use the half broken tap and we continued to our daily work. Then I came across the broken tile in the kitchen that was hanging loosely over there because of the thermal expansion in this summer.




I thought of calling out the masonry worker to fix it, but that also didn’t work out as the masonry worker was going to tell no for the same as if he showed his guts to repair out the same then also the shops where he will buy cement were closed. At that time I realised the importance of the cement shops. To go to the cement shops was an intermittent purpose as we don’t go to those shops monthly just like the hardware shops that I told about.

Aren’t the building material shops essential? We are not that frequent to go for them but when they are needed, that need is unable to fulfil with the grocery shop or milk shop. The need will be fulfilled by them only. I was having white cement of around 250gms that I used to fix it temporarily, what a jugaad!

Grinding it in mind, when one of my washbasin’s tap was not working then I approached to the second one at my balcony. I longed my hands to pick up the soap from the soap-case but there also something happened. The moment I approached the soap-case and picked up the soap, the plastic made soap-case got broken and the centre body of that got sunk in.




Well it worked very long but its life took a dead turn. I thought, aren’t the plastic shops that are selling the daily utility plastic products essential? Plastic creates waste, plastic is one of the reasons of marine and land pollution but that is because of the waste management also somehow. The things made of plastic are important in terms of their usability that is difficult to replace quickly. But the life of the commodity doesn’t define the essentiality of it.

Putting it into the list of the things that I need to buy after the lockdown ends, I approached for another activity of bathing which I think as joyful in this summer. I took a bath and came out of the bathroom washing my hair and I saw myself in mirror to comb my hair. My hair was standing straight and I combed them down to un-puzzle them a bit. I saw my hair was coming down my eyes that made me realise that I hadn’t been there on a saloon from last 3 months and because of which the hair has grown long. They even make itchiness and sweat when they come down on my head. Saloons are also one of the important places as they keep us away from the unwanted long hair at least for me. I think they should also be considered as a part of our ‘economy’.




I always spend time in writing in my lockdown period but when I was making notes; I observed that my pen is throwing very light colour on paper. I investigated this by opening up the pen. I observed that the ink is emptied up in the refill. It’s my favourite pen that just cost Rs. 20 (Papersoft). But the problem is that I cannot fill in the pen with new refill, as stationeries are closed too. Aren’t stationeries an essential part of our daily work? Yes they are but as we know this is also an intermittent one, we don’t need to go for it regularly. I am having another pen with me but just imagining that what if it was not?



I longed to my RO to drink water and observed a slight change in its taste. I asked my mom if she observed the same. She said that, she observed the same but didn’t know what the reason behind it was. It suddenly came in my mind that it’s been three months I haven’t changed my RO Filter and concluded that it’s because this thing only. We are actually habitual with the same taste of water. If the filter isn’t changed then it will worsen taste of water. Isn’t it essential? But as I said, we need to change them every three months. But being habitual with the RO water, it becomes hard to manage the same I long term.




In Ahmedabad, the scenario was, the grocery stores and vegetable stores were also closed because of the daily increment of the Covid-19 cases, because of which my groceries and vegetables are also ‘Lifting up’. And my half filled grocery containers are witness of that.

Being a part of this economy, we need to live with the fact that, many diseases came in past like Swine Flu, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Malaria etc. that are having their presence today also but somehow we are able to fight them, as with time we got to know about their vaccination and drugs to cure them. Just like that we need to start the economy keeping up all those precautions that are needed to fight this pandemic, so I appeal the Government to start it as soon as possible.

Due to lockdown the usage of petroleum decreased due to less commute of people for their work. And this is one of the reason we didn’t face any high expense during lockdown but somehow we need to continue the economy because now is the high time, EVERYTHING IS ESSENTIAL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Steps to Make Your Life Financially Stable

What Atma-Nirbhar Bharat really mean?

The Chronicles of Plastic Waste